Wow! The game is really fun.
My best try is 90 days. It's really accomplishing.
However, I think the game can be better than it is now. I list some suggestions or troubles below( some of them are form other comments ).
1. Main menu and option interface may be helpful.
2. For the UI of game, I think
a) the day we survived
b) the number of tiles that will turn today
c) the money we have
d) the tile we need to put today
can be shown on the top of the window. When I put tile on the boundary, I have to go back to the castle to check.
3. The most important place—— the tile very close to the castle—— is decided in the first few days. As the days we survived increase, the enemies in a tile increase too. So, when the tiles adjacent to the castle turn against you in later stage, it's hard to make enough defense.
To solve this, we can make change on tile (seen in 4.c and 4.d)
4. suggestions about tile
a) I don't know whether the mountain has BUG or not. Though it doesn't turn, it doesn't stop enemies.
b) Now we can only use forest to improve the castle, and I'm not sure whether forest can increase the max HP. If not, let forest do so may be a choice.
c) I think church is useless now. Put church around low-risk tiles like prairie is meaningless. If you put it around important place like the tower closest to castle, when it turns means game over.
I suggest change the effect of church like this:
i. It prevents adjacent tiles from turning , not including itself and other church adjacent it.
ii. If a church turns, all churches in the map turns.
iii. Its enemy’s HP will add the sum HP of enemies the church prevents.
d) Making an upgrade system is also fun. For example, we can use money to upgrade castle. We can use money to make castle to shoot more arrows( the cost can grow exponentially ), or prevent tiles around castle from turning ( can set a max distance, 2 or 3 ).
e) Make the attack range of tower a little wider. Three tiles are in a line like this:
Left [ (the tile enemies on) (a tile or empty) (tower)] Right
If enemies are on the left side, the tower can’t shoot them, but if enemies in the center can.
f) Now we have only two defenses: castle and tower. They are both arrow tower, so we can add new defense tower type——turret. Its attack frequency is less than arrow tower, but its damage range is about 1/4 tile.
5. Wish there will be more type of tiles and enemies.
6. Wish at least one of way can move the map:
a) Put mouse pointer on the boundary of window
b) Holding down right mouse button
7. If the tiles that will turn today aren’t in the window, maybe show a red arrow in the boundary is a good idea.
8. Optimize the computation of enemies’ behavior. Sometimes they stay in a tile and disappears. Sometimes enemies on different tiles start in different time, and they get together, make the defense harder. (Tower has less time to attack)
9. When there is a large amount of fields or other files which need settlement, it costs long time.
(I’m not a native speaker. If I don’t express clearly, I’m sorry and will try my best to explain.)